It's Father's Day!


Hi everybody!

For those that don't know me, my name is Matt Dilley and I am a teacher at Millbrook School and one of the chaperones on this year's trip to India. It is my first time going to India (and anywhere in Asia for that matter).

When I was in 7th grade, I was fortunate enough to attend Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama. I flew alone for the first time. It was 1985 and smartphones were a long way off. When I landed in Alabama, I became totally engrossed in the experience and never felt obligated to let my parents know that I was ok. After a few days, one of the counselors found me and instructed me to "call your mother". It only dawned on me then that my parents might be a bit worried. And now, here I am on the other side of the fence (a dad of two girls) and my job is to make sure you see what, but more importantly, how we are doing.

I will be the "keeper of the blog" and my goal will be to have each student contribute to it and for everyone to be represented here. Now, back to packing...


"call your mother"

PS: Please post comments and questions!

Comments

  1. How's it going? Need another update - So curious...and excited for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Matt,

    Glad you arrived safely.

    Any Huntsville type luggage malfunctions?

    Please update very interested in how your day goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That boy's not a liar. I nearly flew to Alabama and sent him to the Moon without the use of the Space Shuttle..Call your Momma's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hotter in New York today than it is in Pune India! just saying.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts